Great antenna for all HF/VHF and UHF! Ideal for listeners wanting shortwave but do not have the space for a long wire. Centre radiator includes helical trapped wire encapsulated in fibreglass to receive all HF bands
- Type: ScanKing HF Discone Antenna
- Frequency: 0.05-2000 MHz
- Gain: Upto 1.5dBi over standard discone
- Length: 185cm
- Mast: Upto 50mm
- Radials: 8 X 90cm 8 X 30cm
- Connection: SO239
- Bar Code/EAN:
- This is a Great all round Discone Antenna .
- This is the only Discone Antenna that I have had , & it is mile's better then some other Antenna's that I have had & cover's lot's more of the band's then most other Antenna's out there , & this one can do all the HF / VHF / UHF , Band's as well , It's got to be one of the best Discone Antenna's that you can get , Can not wait to I get my new AOR - AR - DV1 , This xmas .
- GREAT ANTENNA
I HAVE JUST RECENTLEY BROUGHT THIS ARIAL FOR ITS HF PERFORMENCE AND I ONLY HAVE IT ABOUT 10 FEET OFF THE GROUND AT THE MOMENT BEFGORE I GET IT UP HIGHER, BUT ALREADY I AM PICKING UP SIGNALS I DIDNT KNOW WAS THERE AND IT IS REALLY GOOD TO THINK HOW MUCH BETTER THIS WILL PERFORME THE HIGHER I GET IT.
I WILL IF POSSIBLE GIVE MY FULL REVIEW ONCE THE ANTENNA IS AS HIGH AS POSSOBLE BUT ALREADY IT'S BEATEN ALL MY OTHER ARIELS AT THE SAME HEIGHT
73's TO ALL
- If you want a high performance broad band receiving antenna - this is the one.
- With the antenna mounted on a tripod at a height of about 12ft in my patio in southern England, I was able to pick up signals on my Icom IC-R8500 as far afield as Sicily, Latvia, the Azores, Russia (Moscow), The Pharoes, New York and Virginia with little difficulty. The antenna is easy to assemble and well made and shows no signs of wear and tear having been out in all weathers. Overall a superb product and well recommended.
I have this discone mounted on the gable end of my house fed with Westflex103 cable and, amazingly, it performs better on VLF than my Watson SWL-DXDL 82' longwire up at the same height!
It also performs beautifully up on 1090mHz for ADS-B.
I have therefore arranged switching to accommodate both antennas depending on the frequency I am listening to.
Worth every penny.
- Amazing HF DISCONE
I have try to find an HF discone and I find it - Moonraker HF DISCONE 0.05 TO 2000 MHz ANTENNA...
Excellent jobin all bands even in 160M for a so small antenna 1.85mt hight ! I can even receive atomic clock DCF77 on 77.5Khz an UK on 60KHZ.
Tried with Perseus Receiver, TenTec RX-320D, Icom PCR-1000 and R-1500, Yaesu VR-5000 and Kenwood TS-2000.
If you don't have space and want receive 80, 40, 20Mt bands it is the only choice to choose. I consider myself buy another one just in case !
I can easily have signals on 80, 40 and 20 meters of 9+20db. Radio China International received in Portugal with 9+50db.
Excellent buy for the price, I replace a Diamond D130 discone for this Moonraker HF DISCONE 0.05 TO 2000 MHz ANTENNA.