For use 40-10m the antenna is acceptable as is. On 60 & 80 you would need an external ATU.
This is a great low cost way of getting on HF. Plug and play 80 through to 6m with perfect SWR when used with an external ATU.
- Type: Aluminium Vertical with Unun matched base
- Frequency TX: 80 to 6M (3.5-57MHz) with external any tuner
- Frequency RX: 2.0-90MHz
- Max Power: 400 Watts
- VSWR: Less than 1.5:1 over all bands
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Base connection: SO239
- Length: 6m
- Mast size: 25-42mm
- Bar Code/EAN:
- feel i have a good starter aerial
- i am new to HF so wanted something that wont break the bank but will let me dip my toe in the pool so to speak, this aerial gives me good reception and my internal tuner on the yaesu FT-450D can tune from 6 -40m no trouble, i dont yet have an external ATU to work on improving the 80m tuning but am happy with what i have for the price.
- Top Company
- Had a load of advise from Chris who is top man with a bundle of knowledge who put me right, don't be put off by the price as it's a very good antenna if have small gardens, you won't won't be disappointed.Colin
- mr p smith
- simple and good from 6m 80m not a large yagi but does well if you have limited space my ts2000x auto atu copes well usa Europe 73s paul m0kbd