The MFJ-1886 Receive Loop gives you tremendous power to copy weak stations through impossibly strong levels of QRN or QRM. Covering AM broadcast through 30 MHz and beyond, its superbly directive element and bullet-proof low-noise preamplifier dig out buried signals normally lost when using wire antennas.
Unlike many ADF loops, the MFJ-1886 is weather-sealed, very ruggedly constructed, and mechanically stable under all weather conditions. In fact, you can mount it permanently on any inexpensive TV rotor and direct it from the comfort of your shack. Weighing only 2-1/2 pounds and measuring 36-inches in diameter, it also installs easily on a tripod or handheld mast for portable use.
The key to the MFJ-1886`s superior performance is its balanced-input preamplifier. Dual MMICs operating in push-pull deliver an extremely low noise floor along with exceptionally wide dynamic range to handle overload from nearby transmitters. As a result, you enjoy crystal clear reception of weak signals along with bullet-proof immunity from IMD. High-gain amplification and push-pull symmetry provide perfect electrical balance to ensure deep nulls and accurate directivity.
- Perfect loop balance for deep precise nulls
- Dual-MMIC push-pull pre-amplification for wide dynamic range
- Indestructible aircraft-grade 36-inch aluminum loop
- Great portability -- weighs only 2-1/2 pounds
- Mounts using standard TV-style hardware
- Tough molded weatherproof enclosure for outdoor installation
- Phantom powered with AC adapter and Bias-T included
- Bar Code/EAN:
- A Very Good Receiving Antenna .
- This is a very good receiving loop antenna , I Use my one with my A.O.R. ar - dv1 receiver every day & it works very well , To get the best out of it You have to put it up high over the top of your roof & use some very good coaxe not any cheap coaxe that you can get .