The MFJ-828 digital SWR/Wattmeter/Frequency Counter measures up to 1500 watts. It has three highresolution ranges with accuracy in each range from 1.8 to 54 MHz. True peak or average forward and reflected watts, SWR and frequency can be simultaneously displayed.
There are also auto-ranging bar meter modes to display forward and reflected power, SWR and power twin bar meters, or SWR only bar meter; SWR and forward power are also displayed numerically. PeakHold feature freezes the highest forward power displayed bar segment for one, two or three seconds. These digital-analog displays make it visually easy to tune antenna tuners, amplifiers and transmitters.
There are three high-resolution forward/reflected power ranges that are automatically selected: a QRP range (25 watts full scale), a mid-range (250 watts full scale) and a high-range (1500 watts full scale). TrueActive peak reading circuit gives true peak or average power on all modes.
Built-in frequency counter gives any transmitter digital frequency readout in continuous carrier mode. Perfect for older and QRP rigs such as MFJ-9420 travel radios and MFJ-9340 QRPCubs.
The MFJ-828 includes MFJs Amplifier Bypass Control. This exclusive MFJ feature protects your amplifier by taking your amplifier off-line should the SWR increase above a user-defined pre-set limit. There is also a relay connector with normally open and normally closed connections that toggle when the SWR is above the same pre-set limit.
All information is displayed on a 2-line 16-character high-contrast backlit LCD display. The MFJ-828 also includes a big lighted cross-needle SWR/wattmeter.
The MFJ-828 enters a sleep mode when idle and when no transmit signal is present, turning off the microprocessor clock to avoid the generation of spurious signals.
- Power range of 25, 250 or 1500 watts
- 1.8 to 54 MHz continuous frequency coverage
- Adjustable alarm SWR from 1.5 to 3.0
- Amplifier Bypass Control automatically protects your amplifier during high SWR events
- Lighted cross-needle SWR/wattmeter with auto-ranging
- Multifunction backlit LCD display with contrast control
- Numeric readings for frequency, SWR, forward and reflected power
- Bar meters for SWR, forward and reflected power with auto-ranging
- Peak or average power mode
- Built-in frequency counter
- Built-in bootloader for field upgradeable firmware
- Bar Code/EAN: