- Ultra broadband frequency range from 9kHz – 180MHz
- High dynamic range with an IP of typ. +40 dB and IP 2 of typ. +85 dB
- Power requirements: 5V – 15V
- Selectable FM band stop filter with low pass function
- Selectable amplification in three steps
- Various radiating elements and sizes can be used
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Additional ground terminal (M5) on the enclosure
- High-quality craftsmanship; splash-water proof enclosure; all screw terminals made of stainless steel
- Small packaging = small shipping costs
- Ideal for outdoor use because dismountable and USB power supply
Flexible range of application
This broadband magnetic loop antenna is especially suitable for places with difficult reception due to electrical interferences (E-field) in the near-field area, it is also made for indoor use or on the balcony/patio. You can put it up in the attic, at the window, on the balcony, in the carport fixed to the wall or permanently attached to a mast.
Flexible FM-band stop filter
Based on the well proven MegaLoop platform, an additional low pass filter and a FM-band stop filter were integrated which can be activated or deactivated with a jumper. In case of FM-interferences, the FM bandstop filter can be activated with a jumper and so FM signals between 88 MHz and 108 MHz will be attenuated by 25 – 40 dB.
Flexible three-step amplification
The gain of the MegaLoop FX can be adjusted in three steps by an internal jumper (High/Medium/Low)
Frequency response (-3dB) and nominal amplification.
a) FM-band stop off
1. High Gain: 9 kHz – 110 MHz and 25 dB gain
2. Medium Gain: 9 kHz – 150 MHz and 20 dB gain
3. Low Gain: 9 kHz – 180 MHz and 15 dB gain
b) FM- band stop on:
1. High Gain: 9 kHz – 52 MHz and 25 db gain
2. Medium Gain: 9 kHz – 60 MHz and 20 dB gain
3. Low Gain 9 kHz – 66 MHz and 15 dB gain
Flexible loop sizes
The MegaLoop FX makes the most diverse radiating elements possible. As standard, a loop made of flexible PVC-coated and seawater-resistant (V4A) stainless steel wire is available. It comes as a 5m (16,40ft) circumference loop for indoor and portable as well as for outdoor use. Other lengths, such as 10m (32,81ft), are on offer. Even lengths up to 20m (65,62ft) have successfully been tested.
Additionally, an aluminum rigid loop with a diameter of 40 cm or 80 cm is also available. Due to its versatility and adjustment of amplification, there will always be an ideal combination of the loop size and amplification.
Excellent IP values with power supply as low as 5V
With two signals in the 7 MHz range, an excellent IP3 value of typ. +40 dB and a IP 2 value of +85 dBm is achieved with mere 5 V ( max. 40mA) and so the loop can be powered via USB or power bank. A DualPower power inserter (bias tee) supply is included in the standard scope of delivery.
Integrated threefold surge protection of the active parts
Coarse protection by gas arrester with 60V trigger voltage and a max. pulse leakage current of 1 kA (8/20µs) and by twofold additional integrated fine protection of max. 2 kV and 8 kV respectively. Additionally, the loop connections are connected to ground with high impedance to avoid static charges.
Scope of delivery
- MegaLoop FX
- 5m (16,40ft) PVC-coated, seawater-resistant stainless steel wire.
- Power supply CPI 1000DP
- USB cable
- Bar Code/EAN: