Moonraker have worked with Whistler to customise a UK band plan for the scanners! This ensures the radios cover UK bands in the correct steps and the correct mode. When a user does a service scan it will search in the correct steps for the selected band ensuring maximum received stations.
The radios will receive both amateur and commercial DMR transmissions as apart from the frequency they are fundamentally the same mode. The radio is supplied with software and users can select mode when writing memories or select auto and it will work out the mode itself!
This multi-system adaptive digital trunking scanner supports Motorola P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA, Phase II and DMR making it capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems:
Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system)
- Hytera XPT
- MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
- MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus
- MotoTRBO™ Linked Cap Plus systems
- NXDN & DMR out of the box
- Frequency: 25-54MHz, 108-136.99MHz, 137-174MHz, 216-379.97MHz, 380-512MHz, 764-781MHz, 791-796MHz, 806-960MHz (excluding cellular), 1240-1300MHz
- Simple Zip Code programming
- Preloaded USA/Canada MicroSD card included.
- Easy updating via Internet
- APCO P25 Digital Phase I & II
- Removable, remotable magnetic head
- Scanning at up to 70 channels/second
- CTCSS and DCS subaudible decoder
- Dedicated SKYWARN®/Weather button
- IF Discriminator Out
- User upgradable CPU firmware
- Spectrum Sweeper
- Tuning Steps: 2.5, 3.125, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5 ad 25 kHz.
- Clock / Calendar
- Store Favorites Scan List
Please be aware that a Windows PC and internet connection is required for upgrading firmware and software.
- Bar Code/EAN:
- A very capable scanner although not the easiest to set up initially, stick with it and you will get the hang of it. Seems to be pretty sensitive in the UHF bands and compares well with my SDR reciever. All in all a great product, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for!
I bought the Whistler TRX-2!!!!
Good communication with all Moonraker staff, fast shipment to Spain.
The scanner works very well with DMR stations and good scan speed
73s Óscar EC1AE -KK6WWL
- TRX2 SCANNER
- a great scanner, once you get your head round programming, function 0 is your friend when you are not sure what mode your are picking up :)
- a great digital scanner
- a great digital scanner, search,s all work well. is very good on batterys and very sensitive, not the easiest to program but when you grasp it, it all makes sense. very compact. IF output for decoding works well. Can be programmed by supplied software and always keep a back up of your memory card. Searches work well.
- Mind Blowing, Fantastic
I Very much like the DMR on this receiver, takes a bit of getting used to if your new to Whistler, but it is something one soon gets used to
I would certainly recommend it
- Splendid kit
The manual is confusing and in my opinion in the wrong order. Go straight to page 26 and read how to get into the program that will allow you to fill the scan lists, don't forget to set your bandplan to UK. Don't just switch on and dabble, you'll be wasting your time.
Make sure you copy the supplied SD card before using just in case and copy your set up too. The program has facilities for this.
As a receiver its absolutely ace; once set up you can see exactly how sensitive it is on the telescopic rod or whatever other antenna you have available. The display is clear and show exactly what you need to know.
Audio is briliant for strong signals and outdoes that from my AoR8600MkII and AOD300 combination [and sensitivity too].
Not tried the IF/Discriminator facility yet as I need to make a lead up; I suspect this will allow demod of paging and/or signal analysis on my spectrum analyser. Haven't tried the scanning facility either - doesn't interest me as I target known freqs.
Upto 32GB card can be used, useful because you can also record soundfiles.
An excellent bit of kit, performance and price wise that probably gives the same performance as one costing £1200+ where the name attracts a levy and its US$=£. Probbaly go for the TRX-1 as well.
All in all - worth the money; well made and does what it claims.